Thursday 30 August 2018

Housewife's Car Review: 2018 KIA Forte

Do you remember my review of the Hyundai Elantra? So this is the same car. I mean, the insides of it are built from the Elantra's parts - same engine, gear, so on. The difference is in the exterior - the body of KIA has visual differences; and in the interior -  cheaper materials, simpler design, and less features.

So let's start. I drove 1800 km on this car. I really appreciated the switch from Chevy Cruze to KIA (provided by Enterprise Thornhill).

The 2018 KIA Forte LX AT (basic trim) is a nice car for everyday commute. It's efficient on gas, spacious: gives enough room for back seat passengers and can fit a lot of stuff in the trunk. Performance wise, the moment that I started the car I heard the Elantra! When I released the brakes and pushed on the gas, I felt the same Elantra.  So it is the Elantra, but with a cheaper exterior and in a different body.
By the way, if you are looking for a really good car, check the KIA Forte 5! I was surprised when I learned about it. Basically, it's the engine of the sports Veloster and body of the Elantra GT. Happened to be an excellent combination. Thinking to get one for a test drive.

+
Good little car
Fuel efficient
Powerful enough
Cheap - MSRP:$ 18,595
Has rear view camera
Compatible with iPhone and Android Auto
Intuitive design
Almost excellent for those who prefers simplicity
Good stereo after Chevy!!!
Heated front seats
3 driving modes - standard, eco and sport
-
Sounds (bluetooth calls, turn signals, etc)
Too plastic
Cruise control is not very stable (Elantra GL was the same)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Replacing engine air filter

 Hello!  Covid-19 made a lot of adjustments in my lifestyle,  but no matter how bad the lockdown is the car still requires a maintenance. To...