Monday 29 October 2018

Other side of the planet: cars in UK

After visiting UK I realized that Smart is not a small car. It is a European car. Actually, it could be bigger (at least taller) than some fellows that we met on streets of London
Should I mention that I almost twisted my neck looking around? I like compact cars and North American fashion for a bulky transport with 3+ L engines makes me sad. Therefore walking on the streets of London was like visiting a gallery with real art. 


When I was looking for hotel, I checked distance from the airport and train stations, public transit to the city centre and points of interests. I didn't mean those points of interests, but our hotel was surrounded by car dealerships!



Two seater Peugeot RCZ



French car on the other side of English channel - Renault



That's right! Honda Civic. Looks familiar? Not for Canadians

Daihatsu Sirion - a super-compact car from Japan! Haven't seen it at home

As for me, that's the ideal parking lot - filled with elegant, compact and beautiful cars for every day


Believe it or not, but this is our Hyundai Elantra GT! Sizewise I'd say it's smaller than Accent. Nevertheless, the official information says: The i30 is marketed alongside the fifth generation Hyundai Elantra in the United States and Canada as the Hyundai Elantra GT


Haven't identified this guy. Will check for it later 


Jaguar, that is the real Jaaag =)


French manufacturers represented by Peugeot. Not common brand in Canada


Vauxhall Mokka (our Opel Mokka is you prefer a steering wheel on the left side) - a compact SUV with 1.4 L turbocharged engine (yes, SUV with 1.4 L!)


Another unexpected transformation - Toyota Yaris. Live with it! 


When you are trying to build a pick-up truck, but your market target is Europe - Mitsubishi Warrior L200. Here I am supporting American autoindustry. No one beats F-150


VW Hippie Van, nothing else to add.


Classic Fiat 500. Legend on the wheels!


To compare, that's how it looks in Canada nowadays:

If I'm not mistaken, that is TX4 - the car specifically designed as a taxi. A classic London cab.


Traffic lights at Trafalgar Square. I heard of them at my favorite cars show. Had a chance to see them in real life. I like the idea! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Replacing engine air filter

 Hello!  Covid-19 made a lot of adjustments in my lifestyle,  but no matter how bad the lockdown is the car still requires a maintenance. To...