Monday 24 June 2019

It's all connected

5 years ago I had a job interview at FCA (Fiat Chrysler Group). That time the only Italian car they had under their Canadian umbrella was Fiat 500. I got to the last round with a really strong competitor, who deserved the position more than I did, so the job went to him. Though, visiting the plant and talking to engineers completely changed my opinion about American automotive manufacturing.
I was very skeptic about American basic cars and their quality until that day. After the interview, I got home spent hours reading about local manufacturing.
Those days the only way to get Alfa in Canada was a direct shipping from Europe. Nowadays my respect to FCA is even bigger. Because for almost two years, FCA is an official representative of Alfa Romeo in Canada.  Right now I see Alfa's all over the city, not too common, but they exist! I think, I'd be able to recognize a silhouette of Giulia and Stelvio even in the packed Toronto's traffic. It shows elegance and beauty of Italian engineering in every inch of the body and its movement.
One day I will take a blue Giulia Quatrifoglio for a test drive! It's too good to skip the opportunity.

By the way, long time ago I happened to stay in Torino, Italia for some time.Our apartment was in front of Lingotto building - former Fiat factory that was re-designed into a shopping and entertainment complex. If you are planning to visit Turin, just take a local train from Torino Porta Nova to Lingotto and visit this place! It's worth to get there. 

And just a random Alfa in Toronto's Italian suburbs. 

2 comments:

  1. However, it is the same Italian engineering that has allowed buildings and bridges to fall after a mid size earthquake... Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... The Colosseum is still there, designed by almost Italians =)

      Delete

Replacing engine air filter

 Hello!  Covid-19 made a lot of adjustments in my lifestyle,  but no matter how bad the lockdown is the car still requires a maintenance. To...