Thursday 12 September 2019

Love, Peace and Happiness

When you have a real hobby, you start to recognize people who have a similar interest: see familiar faces on the skiing slopes, make friends at the dog shows, get familiar with suppliers of gear for your hobby, etc. Even though we have dozens of clubs, events and types of car related stuff , after a few car shows you will recognize, first of all, cars, but second, people with those cars.
I heard of The Hapy Hipi from the Grand Touring dealership. The rainbow coloured Lamborghini Aventador left me speechless for a good minute! Though, the owner wasn't there, as well as myself having absolutely different business at the dealership that time, I really wanted to take photos of that car and share with you, but I prefer to be respectful to the owner. (you will see the Aventador in the next post, I promise ;)) After that I did a bit of research about Tim and found an advertisement of the charity event at his property. For a few years Tim and his beautiful wife are organizing an open house to collect support for the local Humane Society. Last year 30 000 CAD were collected for a non-killing dog shelter in Alliston, ON. Did I wish to attend the event this year? Definitely, yes!

The date was saved into the calendar. A few days before the open house I met Tim and Christine at the Cruizin' 4 Kidz car show in Brampton, ON. They reminded about the upcoming event, as well as participated in the show with donations, purchasing lottery tickets and bringing the white Conquest vehicle.
Finally, that was the day. To be honest, I would not plan to go to the Open house at the Horse Power Heaven if that would be just for cars. Helping a shelter was the main reason why we decided to drive to King City on Sunday afternoon. After visiting this place, I am ready to say that every coin left there worth participating in the event. It is a miniature town with the outstanding collection of cars, toys, vintage gas pumps, arcades, posters, motorcycles, signs, etc. Even after spending two hours there, I am not sure if we covered everything.
Get ready for tons of photos of the Horse Power Heaven. Enjoy!





The biggest collection of Hot Wheels cars I've ever seen










 Knight XV by Conquest - ultra-luxurious, fully armored, handcrafted SUV made in Canada

Cause somebody stole my car radio 
And now I just sit in silence




By the way, some of my friends suggested that selling one of those cars will give charities more money, than such events. I totally disagree with this statement. The main goal of charity events is to bring people's attention to the problem. For example, 100% of animal abuse and homeless dogs problems are coming from humans. It is very important to show this problem, to advertise solutions and to prevent it from happening in the future.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Replacing engine air filter

 Hello!  Covid-19 made a lot of adjustments in my lifestyle,  but no matter how bad the lockdown is the car still requires a maintenance. To...