Tuesday 29 August 2017

Housewife's Car Review: 2015 Chevrolet Cruze

This time I got what I was asking for. I mean, guys offered a good car, but I ask for a low gas consumption one. Choice was between Yaris and Cruze. I took Chevy Cruze.
Not a bad car. Had a ride in it before, got the same feeling now - too narrow, space between front seats isn't comfortable. (Actually, same applies to Chevy Volt - I don't like design of the cup holders and else between seats.) Other than that, feels nice on the road, very smooth and sensitive to steering wheel, good performance for a small fellow.

"+"
- Gas! 300 km (200 highway, 100 city) on 18 L! After Chevy Traverse the difference is huge.
- Smoother than Honda Civic. Even though this car had 63K in rental condition and transmission isn't in the best shape already, Chevy was more pleasant to drive compared to Civic.
- Pretty small, comfortable for city driving and parking.
- Leaves radio on even if engine is off and the key is out, so the radio plays until you open the door.
- Buttons on the steering wheel are nice when you get used to them
- Digital speedometer and additional message for cruise control speed on the dashboard
"-"
- Raised steering wheel blocks the dashboard. I hate to touch a steering wheel with my knees, but on a reasonable level it blocks the bottom lines of the dashboard.
- Feels too narrow and not comfortable between seats.
- Smart screen and all those buttons probably make sense after reading the manual, which I hadn't.
- The rear view camera is too slow. Not that I'm using it, but distracts when you drive forward and still see the back of the car
Not a bad car at all, but I would not buy one for myself. Too small and not catchy.
Oh, we had 700 km together. Would give it strong 7 out of 10. Choosing between Cruze and Civic definitely Cruze, but between Cruze and Corolla I would pick Toyota



No comments:

Post a Comment

Replacing engine air filter

 Hello!  Covid-19 made a lot of adjustments in my lifestyle,  but no matter how bad the lockdown is the car still requires a maintenance. To...