Tuesday 29 August 2017

Housewife's Car Review: 2016 Fiat 500c

Today I will talk about my recent experience with a Fiat 500c.
I needed a car urgently, but instead of getting a compact sedan (Toyota Yaris equivalent), I got a convertible Fiat 500c. Actually, "convertible" was Discount's excuse for the downgrade without money compensation. 
It is a tiny, funny and fancy model, and surprisingly it is still a car. Easy to park, opening the roof is extremely cute, could be a nice car for someone driving in downtown Toronto (or somewhere in California). It's really a two-seater even though it has two more at the back. Those seats are more suitable for a purse than for a person. Even my child refused to sit there and occupied a front seat. It has a trunk, but the size is almost the same as a glove box in crossovers.

I got a feeling that Fiat designed this car for leisure driving - without rush and bypassing all obstacles on the way. Sport mode increases gas consumption and vibration, but nothing else.
The car likes gas almost as much as a big fellow. I got almost 9 L per 100 km. Checked with specification - with automatic transmission it actually eats 8.7 L/100 km in the city.
Just for fun, I drove in residential area with open roof and Italian radio on for 15 minutes. Since it was windy, wasn't a very pleasant experience. Probably because I didn't have my silk scarf on 
Summed up, in good weather it's more convenient than public transit. Probably not a bad choice for driving short distances downtown. Absolutely doesn't fit me and my lifestyle. Before buying this car please consider moving to Italy first.
Pros:
- Fancy looking
- Easy to find parking
- Eh, Italian
- If you don't like having passengers in your car, it is perfect
- Inside interior is intuitive, but very limited.
- Radio has a mute button! (Why?)
- I assume that maintenance is cheap, because it's produced here in Ontario
Cons:
- Too much gas for too small car
- Safety is a concern
- Not for Canadian winters
- No space for anything
- I wouldn't call it a powerful car









No comments:

Post a Comment

Replacing engine air filter

 Hello!  Covid-19 made a lot of adjustments in my lifestyle,  but no matter how bad the lockdown is the car still requires a maintenance. To...