Wednesday 30 August 2017

Housewife Car Review:2017 KIA Sorento

Finally, I got a new toy for the weekend. This time Enterprise provided me with a 2017 KIA Sorento. We had a busy schedule and I didn't have enough time to go through the dashboard and all its features. Nevertheless, 300 km in two days is good enough to get an opinion about this car.
In terms of driving, in my rating it is on the second place after Lexus IS250. That Lexus is being missed a lot  But let's go back to Sorento.




Probably, I got used to the bulky cars since I didn't feel like driving a crocodile. Very smooth, soft and sensitive. No confusion with buttons and switches, everything was intuitive and comfortable.
We had 5 people and skiing equipment with plenty of space in the trunk. 2 USB ports - hooray! Before it was either music or charger, in Sorento we had both. I feel sorry for the passengers  Finally, I found a stable crossover that doesn't bend when I make a turn.
First 20 kilometers I was a bit nervous, since I prefer to adjust and check everything before long drives, but this time we were running late, very late, so I had to do it on the way. The rest of driving was relaxing and enjoyable. On the way back we were going on cruise control in the left lane all the way till Toronto, almost without any involvement of a driver 
It is the first crossover about which I am ready to say that I want this car.
The only disadvantage is a fuel consumption. This monster eats 12-14 L on a highway and 16-17 L in a city (with 3.3 L engine). Too be honest, 17 was achieved by a bit aggressive driving last night, but I had too much extra gas in a tank and didn't have time to use it before returning the car, so I had a bit of fun within legal limits. Also, those smart engines probably aren't created for rentals since many people do not care about a car when they rent.
Actually, another concern is headlights. I realised that cars in front of us were shifting to other lanes. I was trying to keep a distance, but got a sense that our lights were blinding people in front. Unfortunately, it is a common problem with many SUVs and crossovers. And yes, I had just regular lights on.
Still too big for two people, but considering our busy camping schedule and wish to ski more often, it is reasonable option - better than 2 sedans in case of 5 people.
So, summarising all together:
"+"
- AWD, powerful, stable, maneuverable
- Comfortable, smooth and sensitive ( huge difference comparing to Dodge or Chevy)
- Nice design inside (Still a hippo outside, like all crossovers)
- Intuitive switches and buttons, 2 USB ports, well designed area between front seats, lots of space (actually, have to confirm with the passengers)
- Ideal for travelling with a big load and more than two people
- Parking assist sensors are helpful, even better than a rear view camera
"-"
- Gas. Too much
- Still not a city car.
- Probably, headlights. To consider if you own Sorento.
I will miss this car. Actually, I am already missing it, was difficult to return it. BTW, for two days of rent I paid only 35$, which is a great price for a this class of vehicle. Enterprise is my favourite car rental company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Replacing engine air filter

 Hello!  Covid-19 made a lot of adjustments in my lifestyle,  but no matter how bad the lockdown is the car still requires a maintenance. To...